Tuesday, September 11, 2007

TODAY IN HISTORY - SEPTEMBER 11, 1963




THE PLANE TRAGEDY

On September 11, 1963, a company plane bearing Shaner, the personnel manager, Roman Pacia, the pilot, Jose Salandanan, a security officer, Capt. Amadeo de Castro, and P75,000 in payroll money, crashed in a mountain in Zambales. This set off an epic 44-day search and rescue operation personally led by Acoje President Cabarrus. By dint of courage and stamina, Shaner and Pacia survived.






(ACOJE AIR STRIP)

2 comments:

Maffi Pulos said...

I was 6 years old at the time, my Dad went with the search party, I remember I was at Camp Condrado Yap with my Mom together with my Aunt( Capt.De Castro's wife) to receive the body, they load it on a military "6X6" truck. there were a lot of crying and wailing, the scene was etched in my memory.

acoje4ever said...

wow! this is great..whew! it's been a dream of all Acojenians to have such as this, but due to financial matter...dreams just happened thru our dreams.
honestly, I don't know about this event. I was just informed by our co-fellow acojenian about this but it is not detailed. In connection to this event, I noticed that there is contribution the amount of 1, 000.00 ( one thousand Pesos)_, later became 700.00 ( seven hundred Pesos. Kindly please give the details about this event, the program and etc.., so I may personally well-informed this event.
please, whoever the organizer of this up-coming event kindly please e-mail me. xquizon@yahoo.com.
thank you.

toolbar powered by Conduit